Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events.

GOOD MORNING.

I thought i'd give you a little update about the wonders of living on your own... in a city... where you don't really know anyone within 20 minutes of your apartment building. ANYWAYS... to continue with my story....

this morning I got ready a little earlier than normal because it was really important to be at school on time at 10 am because it was presentation day in speech class. (not for me but we are required to be an audience). ANYWAYS. SO instead of leaving the usual time of 9am... I decided it be best because I suck at driving in the snow... I left at 8:30am. SO I go out to my car... start it up... start to defrost the windows... and I get out and scrape off the 7 inches of snow off my car... with of course a umbrella... which is my make shift of a window scraper thing. So 5 minutes go by I finish cleaning off enough snow to see out the windows in the important visible spots... I hop in the car ready to go... and I put it in gear... and it dies!! I'm like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I look down and the gas light is on. I'm thinking... I had a half tank... what?! It then dawned on me... I live in a real shady neighborhood... thank you crip on the stop sign... Someone could have easily syphoned my gas out of my gas tank. SO I think to myself crap... my roomie has already left what am I to do??? So luckily my neighbor hadn't left yet so she ran me over to the QT and I bought one of those little red things that carries 1gal of gas and went outside and filled it up and went on home. Well if you've never used on of those gas things before... you definitely need a lesson... I could NOT get the little nozzle thing to attach to the red thing!!! I struggled for probably 20 min with my neighbor (who's also a girl) and COULD NOT get the stupid thing to attach... I finally called my father who rectified my mistakes and was able to finally pour the gas into the car. I resumed position behind the wheel and started to turn the key and you know what sound my car made??? I'll tell you... click.... click... click... click. You've GOT to be kidding me! yes... there was no noise... so my father goes... well it must be either your battery and/or alternator. Well good thing neither my neighbor nor I had jumper cables.. you know.

SOOO... the moral of the story is... I don't know. Buy a lock for your gas cap when you live in the city. and/or. Apparently God was saving me from some natural disaster that could've happened while I was on the road. either way... it was NOT meant for me to leave the house today. I guess i'll be working on some music and moving some boxes down to the basement.

I hope you enjoyed my long drawn out story. Pray that something terrible isn't wrong with my car!

P.S. this is going to make snow day #2

1 comment:

Lemon Princess said...

I love you so much! You are a girlie after my own heart! I would have reacted to all those situations (not knowing how to work them) in the same way! I hope you enjoyed your day in & got some of your bucket list accomplished! And God truly does have awesome timing...not to mention a sense of humor! Love you!