Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Story

What is Christmas?

What an easy question to answer, if you're four. My little sister,
who is four, would say Jesus was born on Christmas and we get presents from Santa. How does that correlate? As we grow older we realize the "true" meaning of Christmas... or at least we develop OUR true meaning of "Christmas". Perhaps that means family traditions, never-ending checkout lines, pictures with some random man in a red jumpsuit. I think it's time to re-evaluate.

This year I'm ready to step out of the Christmas box and re-decorate. Change the lights from last year that do the constant programmed choreographed blinking to an updated massive power watt strand that is a constant reminder that you even have a tree in your living room. I want to shine and remember where my power source comes from. I want to read the story of Christ coming to earth and taking his first breath and remember why I breath every day, my purpose. I love how God comes so humbly in the form of a small helpless baby boy and how radically the lives of two parents changed. It's more than just the birth of a baby, it's the birth of true love. A true passion for people. A beginning of change.

I'm ready to embrace Christmas and the new year. I want to focus on God. I love what Paul writes (Romans 3:29-30 MSG) God does not respond to what we do: we respond to what God does. We’ve finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting Him set the pace.

So Take my Christmas take my New Year, set the pace.


I'm ready to run.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Good words, child!! I'm going to love reading your blog.
I love you!