Monday, December 24, 2007

What matters most...

Tonight was Christmas eve... the beloved holiday celebration of opening presents... it's a Goldsmith tradition... not that getting up early stuff that most families do. It's definitely a tradition I hope to carry one day into my marriage.

This year I really enjoyed the christmas spirit.... I truly believe I could have had nothing under the tree and enjoyed it just the same. My little sister had roughly a bizillion presents under the tree so the excitement on her face was priceless. My favorite was when she opened up Hairspray the movie and I'm pretty sure i've never seen a lit up christmas face like that one... she was beside herself with excitement.

How great would it be to have that excitement back in life. To do things and your face light up so bright and your smile taking up half your face. How many times do we all get caught up in the daily routine we forget that God didn't put us on earth to roam around without emotions.... much less roam around and be purely unhappy.

So if we get anything out of this Christmas I really hope that I can carry that image of joy in my head to remind me to live life to the fullest.

I really believe i've started down that path... there's no need to fret on the small things. God isn't a little kid up in the sky with a magnifying glass ready to burn off our antennas so that we wander around aimlessly. God is Joy. It's almost as if when you look into a child's expression in that moment you almost glimpse God.

Where do you see God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lola. i love reading your posts. i am thankful for you. our friendship means the world to me. you make me smile, and i just wanted to tell you that. merry christmas...and keep up the bloggin'. i love ya (like DIS)!

Jo said...

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. By the way, I love hearing you sing at church. Keep on using the great gifts that God has given to you.