Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Going.... ALL the way.

I'm now in the midst of almost finishing a new book entitled going all the way. I recommend if you ever see a copy of it you better snatch it up!!! This book has definitely shaped and/or reenforced all the views of relationships that I have already realized. I'm at that point in my life that probably in the next 6 years i'm probably going to tie the knot... hopefully. haha. It will definitely not be anytime soon... since i'm missing one of the key ingredients... a man.

moving on.

I'm so excited to enter that part of my life that God has planned for me. I know that it will be a life altering moment and open the door to great opportunity. I also know that it can lead to destruction if not prepared for in the right way. I don't want to be another statistic. I have some guidelines. MOST IMPORTANT... he must be a Christian. I know what your thinking... what does that matter? If you marry him, he'll become a Christian too.... WRONG. If he did become a Christian I wouldn't want it to be because he felt like he had to, God doesn't want his heart if its only offered as a "because I have/need to". In the book i'm reading he puts it like this, "Dating/marring a non christian is like giving two sets of building instructions to different contractors and telling them to build the house and start at opposite ends, it just doesn't work. I know that some people believe that God has given them this non-christian and that's who their supposed to marry. Why would God send you someone that is not going to draw you closer to Him?? Why would he want to set someone up for failure? God didn't put us on earth to go around witnessing to our perhaps future husband... or at least I don't think so. SO I'm going to find the one that God has sent to me, someone to develop my heart and shape me to be even more like Christ. I want to find someone who takes me to a new level in my relationship with God where we can grow... together. If you get anything from this blog it should be that God designed us to love. Love people Love God Love our future spouse. I want to Go all the way with my relationships and I know that God has designed that perfect plan for me.

I'm going to follow.

1 comment:

Lemon Princess said...

Awesome post! I'm so proud of the beautiful woman you are! Keep that amazing "God focus"!