Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A NEW YEAR

Welcome to 2008.

I welcomed 2008 in a COMPLETELY different way this year. I actually chose to go with a friend that I work with to her 20-somethings church group new years party. I had many choices and why I choose that one... still baffles me. ANYWAYS. So I went to a place, where I knew... um.. no one. And as the evening went on, the ones who I came in contact with were really nice and...
OKAY lets skip to the point of that evening.
When the clock struck midnight we of course cheered and everyone gave hugs, handshakes, smiles. BUT THEN the unexpected happened, the big Lindedwood basketball player of the house got up and announced that he would like for us to take time and pray over the new year. first of all i've never been to a new years party and prayed over the new year, nor had I seen a real big basketball player in front of all his peers lead a group in prayer. SO as amazed as I was, I knew that God had put me there for the new year... for a reason. Almost everyone in that room... roughly 25 ppl... prayed out loud. It was amazing most wanted to expand their vision, some wanted that one person they've been working on to make that leap into faith, others just prayer about the present and what to look forward to. An amazing experience.

My prayer for the new year is that God takes my dreams and makes them God-sized dreams. I pray that he awakens my passion for the lost, and helps me define an outlet that I can serve His greatest purpose. I pray that he speaks to people through my blog, through my actions, through my life. I hope that I can become a life-long learner in Christ. I hope that Christians live this year with greater passion than they have for any year before. I pray that this year, is the year of change, a year of passion, a year of... living.

I'm sure you've all made your new years resolutions.... but have you prayed a new years prayer?

We can all make resolutions,
We can all fail at keeping resolutions,
We can all succeed if we... as the saying goes.... let go, and let God.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hear!Hear! I absolutely agree. May 2008 be an explosion of God-sized dreams coming to reality because people make the choice to believe and never doubt God's purpose for their lives.